:Prisoner of Azkaban discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapters 17-19

2 posters

Go down

Chapters 17-19 Empty Chapters 17-19

Post by Samantha Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:20 pm

Our discussion of chapters 17-19 begins on Saturday!

Chapter 17: Cat, Rat, and Dog
Chapter 18: Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs
Chapter 19: The Servant of Lord Voldemort

Samantha
Admin

https://hppoa.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Chapters 17-19 Empty Re: Chapters 17-19

Post by Samantha Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:31 am

Chapter 17:
"As the dog sprang back toward them [Ron] pushed Harry aside; the dog's jaws fastened instead around Ron's outstretched arm..."
Ron pushed Harry out of the way! Ron is such an amazing friend. <3

I've witnessed someone break their arm before and I almost passed out. I can only imagine what it's like to watch that happen to your best friend as he's being dragged away by what you think is a death omen and being attacked by a tree at the same time, all moments after you're (sort of) witnessed an unjust execution of an animal.

In the Shrieking Shack: "Wand held tightly before him, Harry kicked the door wide open."
Of course he did.

Hermione kicked Sirius!

I wish I could read this chapter for the first time again.

Chapter 18:
So much Marauders back story in this chapter! I understand why so many people are interested in a Marauder's-era book from JK.

There's the comparison of Snape:Malfoy and the Marauders:the Trio. How do you think hearing about these Marauders actions from an adult perspective influences how we see each set of these relationships?

Chapter 19:
Snape: "I have just saved your neck; you should be thanking me on bended knee! You would have been well served if he'd killed you! You'd have died like your father, too arrogant to believe you might be mistaken in Black..."
Snape is horrible. You cannot speak to a child like that. What would Dumbledore say if he heard this?

Sirius: "Then you should have died! Died rather than betray your friends, as we would have done for you!"
Remus: "You should have realized if Voldemort didn't kill you, we would."
The Marauders are so intense! Although I think throughout the series Harry, Ron, and Hermione show each other the same loyalty.

Samantha
Admin

https://hppoa.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by BaronCognito Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:40 pm

Chapter 17:
Sirius Black really seems to want to give the kids the wrong idea this entire chapter.

Chapter 18:
As much as Harry and Draco are set as enemies, I can't imagine Harry or Ron trying to get Draco mauled by a werewolf.

Chapter 19:
I have trouble believing anything would come of Dumbledore witnessing this.

Hermione, however, attacks a teacher and is so broken up about it. My copy describes her as looking at Snape's lifeless body with fear-filled eyes and I wasn't entirely sure they hadn't killed him.

Can an animagus speak to animals while in animal form? The cat told him stuff, apparently. Are all animals smart enough to talk to, or just familiars? Could Peter have spoken with the cat? The cat knew that Peter wasn't a rat, have all the familiars at Hogwarts been thinking how weird it was that Ron was going around with Peter? Were there rumours in the familiar community? Is this why we never seem to see McGonagal speaking with her familiar, because then she would have heard the rumours going around?

Actually, is there an animagus with a familiar?

BaronCognito

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down